About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Friday, March 09, 2012

Trinity College next stop

Here I am, holed up at James Hughes's place listening to various morning sounds as I hang out on the internet.

Talk seemed to go fine last night, and I'll next be speaking (tonight) at Trinity College in Hartford - on the topic of, let's see, "Secularism, Emerging Technologies & Science Fiction". I'm not sure how I make all those go together, but I gather that the format is largely one of the guest speaker fielding questions from the audience, who have read some stuff in advance. Should be interesting.

Meanwhile, I suppose I should turn human and join my kind hosts.

1 comment:

Bruce S. Springsteen said...

Perhaps offer a speculative tale where atheist hit squads weilding Japanese speech-jamming guns fly around the world on jet packs, garbling the publc utterances of various loud-mouthed clerics and theocrats, rendering their rhetoric pure gibberish -- and nothing changes.