About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Writing for Normblog

Last week, Norman Geras invited me to write on a book of my choice for his superb normblog. After agonising about it on and off, I eventually decided to put together some consolidated thoughts on the favourite book from my younger days, Robert A. Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, about which I've written much in the past.

I'll link to this when it appears, but meanwhile you could do worse than feasting upon the extraordinary range of short literary essays that Norman has already collected , many of them by famous people.

1 comment:

Monado said...

Go for it. At that point Heinlein was provocative without going completely dirty-old-manish incestuous wish-fulfillment.