About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Blog break!

Time to take a week or so away from writing new posts - though I'll check whether there's any action on the long transhumanism thread a couple of posts below. I'm not going anywhere; I just need a bit of time out. I've been slogging away very hard for the past two or three months - working double full-time as I've put it to some people - trying to finish my PhD thesis, doing stuff for JET, doing other stuff for Voices of Disbelief, plus my teaching (and a huge load of associated marking), and being at least peripherally involved in various other projects such as the Meteor project which I'll blog about some time. Although I'm keeping my head above water, I need to find a bit of time to relax, pay attention to loved ones, catch up on some reading, actually have some social life, and generally avoid a nervous breakdown.

No comments: