About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Wikipedia



It's addictive, working on Wikipedia. I seem to have made about 2500 edits there since I signed up, just over three months ago.

Anyway, my main aim has been to ensure that the "Transhumanism" article, and related articles, are in the best possible shape (factual, objective, comprehensive, well written, etc.). There are other people who deserve at least as much credit as I do, but we're getting there as a team. I'm personally pleased with the article in its current form, and it was granted Good Article status yesterday. That achievement feels rather good.

Now for the process of getting it up to Featured Article status, recognition that it is an example of Wikipedia's very best work.

No comments: